Official Newbery Winner January, 2010

When You Reach Me

Runners up:
Claudett Colvin; Evolution of Calpurnia Tate; Where the Mountain Meets the Moon; The Mostly True Adventures of Homer P. Figg

For more on the awards visit the ALA Literary Awards page

And the Bayside Mock Newbery winner is!!

Catching Fire

Runners up:
When You Reach Me; Evolution of Calpurnia Tate

June 6, 2009

11 Birthdays by Wendy Mass

After celebrating their first nine same-day birthdays together, Amanda and Leo, having fallen out on their tenth and not speaking to each other for the last year, prepare to celebrate their eleventh birthday separately but peculiar things begin to happen as the day of their birthday begins to repeat itself over and over again.

Friendship fiction | grades 4-6

3 comments:

  1. This book is so good! I read this book at the end of last school year and through the summer and I loved it! This book is very interesting and fun! I am so glad that my eleventh birthday did not keep repeating itself! This book is about bringing 2 friends back together after not speaking to each other for a year with a crazy twist and the friends find they need each other to get out of the same birthday that repeats itself over and over again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think 11 birthdays is amazing! I reccomend it to everyone because its just so good. When I read it I just couldn't put it down literally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would make my top ten list so far... It was meant for younger audiences (obviously for kids around 11) but I still loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for submitting a comment, it will be reviewed before publishing.